Are you afraid of making mistakes? You’re not alone. But the problem with being afraid of making mistakes – as a business owner, a thought leader, a public figure – is that it can prevent us from being our authentic selves. And you can’t build a brand without being authentic 100% of the time.
That’s why the message in this episode is so important. Today, I’m sharing a conversation I had with Patty Lennon, an amazing woman who helps purpose-driven entrepreneurs build businesses that are infused with their soul. A national motivational speaker, Patty admits that she made mistakes in the beginning of her career, but that many of those mistakes actually helped shape the powerful brand she has today.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Discover In Today’s Episode:
- Why making “mistakes” can turn out to be the best thing for your brand.
- The reason mimicking another brand doesn’t work.
- How being authentic—even when it’s scary—creates the space to have a relationship with your people.
- Ways that going against the “rules” can create a powerful brand.
- Why the thing that turns people off about your brand is your biggest asset.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Resources & Links:
- Patty Lennon: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Linkedin
- Nika Stewart: Facebook | Twitter | Linkedin
- Ghost Tweeting Personal Brand Assessment
- Ghost Tweeting – The Shine Podcast
- The Shine Podcast in iTunes | Stitcher
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: